Wednesday, August 27, 2008

PIGSKIN TIME (no tears please)

So as I contemplate the end of the baseball season and how two of my teams may NOT even be in the playoffs, I have decided to pick a football team to root for this season.

Now before you say, you can't just pick a team, let me remind you that we have NO pro football in LA.

I have never really rooted for the Raiders, because Ice Cube said "Stop giving juice to the Raiders, cuz Al Davis never paid us!" Don't believe me look it up.

I never rooted for the Rams after they moved to Orange County so I have never really had a team.

When I was real young, I liked the Steelers (Terry Bradshaw,Franco, Lynn Swann) and I liked the Cowboys (Roger Starbuck, TD, Too Tall Jones).

So in 2008/2009, I wanted to be able to watch a team and really root for them. Now by "root" for them, I don't mean buy the jersey and hat and be done with it. I mean follow them, know some stats, know some players numbers and all that.

I just finished watching the HBO special on the Cowboys (Hard Knock Life).
Good behind the scenes show, giving up all the info on why cats get cut, get hurt and why some dummies should have played 4 years of college before opting out for the draft.
Soooo I have made my choice based on a few things:
  1. My childhood "like" for the team

  2. My homies here in LA are BIG fans of the team and it would be fun to root along with them.

  3. My M-Town homies are big fans of the team and it would be fun to root along with them.

  4. They are my big boss Azim's favorite team (something to talk about other than records on Monday)

  5. I really like the town where they are from and I have found two real good sushi joints there

So my 2008/2009 NFL team I will root for all season long IS (insert drum roll please)

THE DALLAS COWBOYS!

And lastly, My BIG homie Steve Nice will probably be DJ'n a shit load of after parties, so I plan to bring a football and a sharpie!

Your thoughts on my pick are welcome:)

No comments: